At St Margaret’s CE Primary School, we are an inclusive school and our staff is committed to supporting and promoting the emotional wellbeing of all children. Mrs C Black is our designated Emotional/ Well-being lead.
Each class teacher is responsible for the pastoral and social care of every child in their class, therefore should further advice or support be required, they would be parents’ first point of contact. Our designated lead then liaises with parents and staff and consults with a wide range of agencies and partnerships to ensure that the support for any Emotional and Social Development needs of children are met.
We take the time and opportunity to listen to children and parents about any concerns and possible additional support that they may need. When it is felt that additional support or intervention is necessary to support a child’s social or emotional development then we can offer:
- A school with caring and dedicated staff.
- A school ethos inspired by Christian values, which has children’s social and emotional well-being at the heart of it.
- A designated member of staff to liaise with the family to provide the support available to help to meet the child’s needs or signpost them to somebody who may be able to help.
- A member of staff trained in ‘Drawing and Talking Therapy’ and timetabled sessions for support.
- Getting Along/ Friendship Interventions
- Access to a counselling service for high levels of need.
- Close liaison with external services where referrals for specialist advice can be made.
- Assembly themes that focus on social and emotional well-being of all, including visiting speakers and production companies to cover themes such as Anti-bullying.
- Participating in National Events such as Anti – bullying week and follow up activities to ensure that we have an anti-bullying culture in school.
- A behaviour system that employs a restorative approach and a reward system (using both class dojos and a stamps towards school ‘Values Card’) that encourages children to embody our school values to be kind, caring and considerate towards others.